Oko rezultata (0.20 sekunde(i))
za date parametre ne postoji rezultat
The drug for lung cancer was discovered by professor Igor Stagljar, who works in the department of biochemistry and medicine genetics in Toronto, and they will soon start research in Canada and in Croatia.
- We reached the stadium where the drug is ready to be used and we will start administering it in Croatia, next year. We are cooperating with Clinic for Lung Diseases in Jordanovac and we will start the research very soon in Canada, but also in Croatia - said Stagljar, adding that he insisted to start the clinical research for lung cancer in Croatia.
The path from this discovery to the drug usually lasts from eight to ten years, but in this case, Stagljarov's team reached the discovery in five years.
- We administered the new technology which we developed three or four years ago, and now we can study around 500 different human diseases. That technology is somewhat of a world miracle, which can be applied soon not just on finding the cure for lung cancer, but also to research drugs against cancer of the pancreas, prostate and breast cancer - Stagljar said, who received 3.25 million dollars for the technology he discovered.
Stagljar's team managed to develop the technology thanks to the award.
- That was enough for me to develop to such a level where we can say that we will have some drugs against cancers that I mentioned - Stragljar said.
TUMORS ARE SMART, THEY EVOLVE
- Tumors are diseases of the past, the presents, and the future. Perhaps, we will understand them on a molecular level some day, but we will never beat them. They are very smart, they evolve. When we treat them with certain drugs, they become more resistant. We have to be ready be have a battalion of new drugs which we will be able to produce after mutations have been discovered in patients. The idea of the entire tumor research is to be able to treat them like chronical diseases in the next 20 to thirty years - the esteemed professor said.
- Genes have a small percentage of the effect of cancer, only nine percent. The other 91 come from the environment. We can prevent 41 percent of it if we take care what we eat and drink, not to expose ourselves to a virus and bacterial infection, and not smoke - Stagljar concluded.
(Telegraf.co.uk / index.hr)