(EXCLUSIVE) CANADIAN TV STAR FOR TELEGRAF: Here's why dogs need to have their running shoes! (PHOTO) (VIDEO)
Telegraf had a chance to talk to Roanna Sabeh-Azar about animals, about how important it is to take care of them, but also their impact on her life. All this she exclusively told for the first time for media in this region
Those who love them and who have them know how much animals can gain the heart, as well as how many times they proved to be true and sincere friends.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK – Telegraf English OR WRITE TO US – email@example.com
Remembering the childhood, many of us focus on those wonderful pets that were an integral part of our growing up, smile, and, why not – the first friendship.
According to many researches, animal care helps the socialization of people, those who guard them are less depressed, less sick and much more moving.
An example that pets can be as equal members of the family is certainly Roanna Sabeh-Azar, host of the "Entrada" on the popular Travel Channel, but also a woman who has a company for production of a variety of equipment for animals.
Telegraf had a chance to talk to her about the animals, their impact on her life, but also about travels around Latin America, which certainly marked and are still marking her life. All this, she exclusively told for the first time to media in this region.
Roanna was born in Toronto, Canada, but spent a part of his childhood in Beirut, however later she again returned to Canada where he still lives and works. However, as she says, her days in Canada are numbered, because she wants to move to a different, warmer place.
- You reach a point in life when you realize that your hobbies and interests are not suitable for the place where you live and that you simply need new environment. I think for me the most suitable place would be California because is there a better feeling than running along the beach with your pets - Roanna begins the story.
Most of her time Roanna spends with animals, or dogs. Specifically, she keeps four dogs and two cats, and they are all adopted. She walks them four times a day and literally takes them everywhere - to travel, to a beauty salon, shopping, and even parties.
- Moreover, I cookfor them every day, twice a day. Sounds crazy, right?! But they are like my children - adds Roanna.
What is very interesting is that her mother did not allow her to keep pets when she was little, but she did not resent.
- It's true. It is because my mother did not like dogs and cats like me. She was too busy taking care of me and her work. She knew that because of all that she would not have enough time to devote to a pet and therefore did not want to keep the animals in the house, but I do not blame her for that.
Were you eager to grow up and become independent to be able to take your first pet?
- Yes! I couldn’t wait to buy my first pet.
Was it perhaps a dog, what was his name?
- Of course! The love of my life, his name was Mex and I just happened to meet him. On one of my travels I found myself in Mexico City, then I was 26. I found it in a box in which there were a lot of puppies. For months I was looking for a dog to keep but never succeeded, until that day when I saw him. I used the first four letters of the capital of Mexico, and so I called it Mex.
Today, Roanna has a company for which she likes to say that is a "Nike in the world of dogs."
How did you get the idea and what made you start "Neo-Paws" company?
- All this in fact was due to Mex. Often we went for a walk and a run, each time he was returning home with bloody paws, it was terrible. So that at the time it occurred to me, "Dogs need to have running shoes!" So my company was formed two years later.
What does your company create for pets and what are its objectives?
- We started with the development of shoes of neoprene, it's a type of synthetic rubber and so we continued with the whole line of clothing for dogs, and other animals. Among other things, we sell protective shoes for cats, pigs, sheep, goats, donkeys, ponies. We also produce orthopedic aids for animals in need. Of clothes and accessories we make: suits, collars, leashes, muzzles even glasses and beds, vitamins and medicines.
Is there any interest in your products, how the people react?
- You know, at first they were a little skeptical, but when they come to my shop or see a dog wearing a coat or shoes they say, "Hey, this is necessary for my dog too!". People increasingly care about the animals and I am particularly pleased about that.
Roanna’s wish is that her pet products are one day sold in stores throughout the world.
- People say: "Dogs are dogs, they have lived in the countryside for centuries. What's the problem now? ". And I tell them that they lived with ticks, fleas and parasites in the intestines and that we do not expect them to live that way anymore. That is why my wish is that people understand that animals need care.
Unfortunately, we have seen that throughout the world there are still people who brutally abuse animals, and many of these terrible pictures and videos can be seen in various media, which is extremely important to bring attention to treat animals the same we treat people, with respect.
On this occasion, we asked Roanna what the laws in Canada regarding animal abuse are and whether they are rigorous.
- In essence, no one is permitted to mistreat animals in any way, as it can be prosecuted, punished and thereby has to pay a huge fine. All violence is unacceptable against any living being, whether man or animal.
To make people better educated, Roanna went one step further and made online show called "Dog style" to better explain to all the viewers what they need to well and properly nurture their pets.
She met her first pet on one of her trips. For those who do not know she hosted a very popular show on the Travel Channel, "Entrada - Journeys in Latin-American cuisine" which I, as I remember, watched from my home.
It was a show through which we were met with great architecture in Latin America, but also their outstanding cuisine.
- Yes, it was a great show! I had so much fun during its recording, but I also enjoyed the great food that I tasted in various regions of South America. Of course, people, culture and landscapes that I saw were wonderful, and breathtaking!
Tell us, were you the creator of the show and how it came to its realization?
- No, I was chosen to be its host. At the time when audition to host the show was issued I kept a Mexican restaurant. A friend told me that I would be an excellent candidate for something like that and convinced me to sign up. I listened to him and went to the audition. The jury liked me and they hired me. This was contributed by the fact that I had a lot of experience about the food but also about the management in the hospitality industry.
What did the show bring you?
- I met Hispanic-American culture and its cuisine better, I also learned to work in a team to create an excellent end product, and in this case it was the show called "Entrada".
Did it perhaps bring new friends, new adventures, and perhaps a new look at the world?
- Exactly! The friendships that I have made during this period incredibly enriched my life, but also theirs.
Is Latin America one of the favorite parts of the world? Maybe you can tell us which is your favorite country in South America?
- Absolutely! I have visited many places in Mexico, Brazil, Costa Rica, Argentina and Chile. I like those countries a lot and they are all very interesting, but my heart fell in love with Brazil, with Rio de Janeiro. I think I could spend there a few lives, if I had them.
Tell us some interesting experience during the filming of this show? I assume that you have many, but tell us some that you'll remember forever.
- Horse riding in Chile and Argentina is one of my favorite experiences. Climbing the mountain and walk through coffee plantations in Costa Rica, passing through vineyards in Chile are also things you'll remember forever.
Have you ever been in Serbia, have you heard anything about our country?
- No, I've never been in Serbia, but in Canada among my friends I have a lot of them from Serbia. They are all wonderful people.
Would you like to visit Belgrade and Serbia?
- Definitely, I cannot wait! I was recently invited by a friend to travel to Serbia, but I had to postpone due to a business trip to China. However, Serbia is definitely on my list of the countries that I have to visit.
What did you dream of when you were little, have you always loved traveling and animals?
- Yes! I traveled when I was in my mother's belly. I suppose hence the love for all my journeys which I practice even today. As far as animals are concerned, I have always been surrounded by them. As a little I loved to ride horses and I dreamed of becoming a veterinarian.
To end this interview, tell us what else in life completes you, besides animals and travel, do you have any hobbies?
- I love all kinds of sports, fitness, dance, cooking, I love eating delicious healthy food, traveling, reading, learning different languages and studying the cultures of other nations.
Life of Roanna Sabeh-Azar is certainly completed, because she found the things in life that most give her energy and strength, but also have a creative influence on her mind.
In the comments below, you can write to us what are the things that fulfill your life the most.
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.