Vucic comments on decision of SPS party to go to elections independently
"I have no right to interfere in the decisions of other political parties. We wish them the best of luck. We are fighting to defeat them, just like everyone else," President Aleksandar Vucic said today, referring to the Socialist Party of Serbia, SPS.
He recalled that the SPS took part in elections independently before (to become part of ruling coalition afterwards).
"We are not the student list that wants to ban people from participating in elections," said Vucic, assessing that Branko Ruzic, an SPS official, has the same influence now as he did a year ago.
"This is a signal to us that we will have to have to win the majority of votes on our own," he added.
SPS leader Ivica Dacic said earlier that the party's main board had met, during which it was unanimously decided to go to elections independently, and remarked that they had never participated in parliamentary elections in a pre-voting coalition with anyone except with United Serbia and the Greens of Serbia.
"I did not make any new statement. We also had a meeting of the main board, as you know. We have never participated in parliamentary elections in a coalition with anyone except United Serbia and the Greens of Serbia. In any case, Branko Ruzic's plans are not behind this. After all, I announced it back on July 17, and I didn't make any new statements about it," Dacic said, and added:
"At that meeting, a unanimous decision was made, by 300 people, members of the main board and more than 100, 200 presidents, vice presidents and other officials from municipal branches, to prepare for the elections, as always before. We are ready for parliamentary and presidential elections."
(Telegraf.rs)
Video: Posetili smo zdanje Univerzitetske biblioteke "Svetozar Marković"
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.