The members of the police of Republika Srpska arrested several people in Banja Luka for breaking the law on public order after the protest called "Justice for David", according to Banja Luka media. Davor Dragicevic, the father of the late boy David, is on the run and they are looking for him, stated the police.
The police stated that Dragicevic was not among the arrested.
- The organizer of this gathering didn't respect the law regulated obligations, and he started a protest walk with other citizens around the city, and many citizens broke the law in multiple locations, and they were suspicions that some criminal acts were performed - announced in the Police of Banja Luka, reports RTS.
Part of those citizens who participated in the gathering stopped the previously scheduled concert of Haris Dzinovic. They made the concert impossible with the breaking of equipment, shouting, insulting, damaging the stands.
- Police officials are working on location and arresting other people who participated in criminal acts - stated in the announcement and it is added that Davor Dragicevic was not arrested.
Suzana Radanovic, mother of the misfortunate David Dragicevic published earlier on the Facebook group "Justice for David" that the police arrested his father Davor again, who called the people to return to the protests after the special forces intervened, reports RTS.
However, the police denied those claims.
The citizens of Banja Luka and the members of the group "Justice for David", who gathered on the Krajina Square on Sunday night to support David Dragicevic, and then they stopped the concert of Haris Dzinovic in that city after the protest walk, were dispersed by the special police forces of Republika Srpska, since the time allowed for that gathering has passed.
- The gathering was allowed up to 20:00h hours, and we are inviting you to disperse for your own safety. If you don't oblige, the legal means will be used - said the police officer with a megaphone to the gathered protestants, and according to the estimates, there were around 50 of them.
Davor Dragicevic said to the gathered people, before the arrival of special forces, to go home to eat something, stating that he will remain on the square.
MILORAD DODICK: THE GATHERING HAS BEEN ABUSED, CITIZENS PREVENTED TO LISTEN TO THE CONCERT
Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency Chairman Milorad Dodik condemned any attempt to abuse the "Justice for David" rally and stated that the participants of the last night's protest in Banja Luka tried to disturb other citizens with violence who intended to spend the holidays in the best possible way.
Banja Luka ATV reports that Dodik said that no one disturbed the gatherings of the group "Justice for David".
- It is unacceptable that the gathering has been abused, the permission for the rally was given to the Krajina Square. The citizens were prevented from listening to Haris Dzinovic - said Dodik.
VIDEO: Songs, raised fists and walk as a sign of fight for truth and justice
(Telegraf.co.uk / RTS)