"Where Americans come is where future is": Office of the mighty DFC opens in Belgrade
The DFC office in Belgrade was symbolically opened
Prime Minister Ana Brnabic and DFC chief Adam Boehler have signed a joint statement and attended a symbolic opening of the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) office in Belgrade.
"We have achieved a lot and opened the door to an old friendship in Washington," Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said after the signing of the agreement.
"When we leave aside the symbolic significance, the arrival of the DFC is important for the credit rating, investments. Where Americans come is where the future is," said Vucic.
According to him, the arrival of the DFC in Belgrade gives a clear signal to investors that Americans do business here, means implementation of projects, including roads, which is of great importance to our citizens, but also further economic growth of our country.
He also announced an air route, sayubg he "believes will be realized by Lufhansa."
It has also been decided that the director of the DFC office in Belgrade would be John Jovanovic, an American of Serbian origin.
A meeting between representatives of the DFC, Aleksandar Vucic, and Prime Minister of Serbia Ana Brnabic started at 2 pm in the Palace of Serbia.
"I also pay tribute to President Aleksandar Vucic and Prime Minister Ana Brnabic, because they are committed to diving deep into this matter from the perspective of the Serbian side regarding what can be moved forward. The most important are the chambers (of commerce) themselves and the private sector, in terms of the momentum of opening up to the possibilities in the private sector," said US president's special advise Richard Grenell.
* Representatives of US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) are in Belgrade
* The special envoy of the president of the US, Richard Grenell, also arrived with them
* This is the first visit of a US delegation after an agreement was signed between Belgrade and Pristina at the White House on September 4
* Richard Grenell will have a meeting with the prime minister and president of Serbia
* "The arrival of the US delegation and the DFC representatives guarantees that investments will be realized"
* The topics of the meetings are the opening of the regional office of the DFC and several important projects - loans, assistance to small and medium enterprises, highways
The US delegation, consisting of representatives of US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) together with President Donald Trump's special envoy for dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina Richard Grenell, is in Belgrade, where they are meeting with Serbian officials.
Video: Cadez on negotiations in Washington: We presented good economic proposals
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.