Zdravko got 3 years in prison for 4 years of violence: He murdered his family 9 days after release
He had a restraining order issued against him that was supposed to stop him from approaching the family, he had to move out of the house and was arrested during the investigation phase because he went into hiding
Zdravko Goranovic - who yesterday murdered his wife and two teen daughters in a house in Sombor, set the house on fire, and then hanged himself - has had criminal charges filed against by the police administration in that city in May 2020 for violence against his ex-wife Mirjana and daughter, and his wife reported him for this crime, Telegraf.rs learned from the Basic Public Prosecutor's Office in Sombor.
As stated, he allegedly abused them from 2016 until 2020. At the proposal of the prosecution, he was remanded in custody during the investigation because he had gone into hiding and therefore represented a flight risk. He was also forbidden from approaching his family members and ordered to move out of the house. He was arrested on July 30 this year, and on December 20, instead of extending his detention at the suggestion of the prosecution, the court decided to release him, which the prosecution appealed against.
After exactly 9 days, he committed the horrific crime.
"The Basic Public Prosecutor's Office in Sombor filed an indictment against Zdravko Goranovic after the investigation, due to justified suspicion that he committed the crime of domestic violence under Article 194, paragraph 3 in conjunction with paragraph 1 of the Criminal Code, against his ex-wife and daughter. The indictment charged the defendant with actions taken between 2016 and 2020.
The criminal complaint against him was filed to this body by the Police Administration in Sombor, after the ex-wife, who was the plaintiff, reported the event in May 2020. This criminal report is the first and only criminal report filed against Zdravko Goranovic for the criminal offense of domestic violence under Article 194 of the Criminal Code," the prosecutor's office told Telegraf.rs.
According to them, on the occasion of the criminal charges filed against Goranovic, urgent measures were imposed in accordance with the Law on Prevention of Domestic Violence, and at the proposal of the prosecution, they were extended by a court decision.
"At the same time, the prosecutor's office filed a lawsuit with the Basic Court in Sombor, in a non-litigious procedure, in order to impose measures of protection against domestic violence, and a verdict was issued forbidding Zdravko Goranovic from harassing his wife and children, and ordered him to leave the family home," the public prosecutor's office told our portal.
At the proposal of the prosecution, he was remanded in custody during the investigation because he had gone into hiding and therefore represented a flight risk.
"On July 30, 2021, he was detained and since then he was effectively in custody according to the previously submitted proposal of the prosecution. The indictment against him had already been filed and confirmed by the Basic Court in Sombor."
At a main trial hearing held on December 20, 2021, when the procedure before the court was completed, the prosecution proposed to extend the detention of the accused.
"The defendant was found guilty of the charges and sentenced to a prison sentence of 3 years and 3 months, and the detention was not extended, but terminated. After receiving the decision to lift the detention, the prosecution immediately appealed," the prosecutor's office Telegraf.rs.
Telegraf.rs also addressed the Basic Court in Sombor on this occasion, but we have not yet received any response.
Video: He killed his wife and slit his wrists: The scene of the Zarkovo crime where murder and attempted suicide took place
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.