- When I was younger, it was never a dream for me to sign a big contract, but to entertain and win trophies. Contracts are, of course, a large part of basketball, but winning is more important. The contract is not just my success, but the success of my family, brothers, girlfriend, former trainers, the Serbian center said, adding:
- Thanks to my agent who was with me from the start, to all of my friends, to the family Kroenke (the owner of Nuggets), Arturas Karnisovas (General Manager), the coach who gave me a chance to play.
Although they couldn't do it in the past three seasons, the best Denver player believes that this season will be the one where they will reach the desired goal.
- I've seen on the streets the people who wear the jerseys of Avalanche (NHL team from Colorado) after qualifying to the playoff and I thought that they should be wearing our jerseys as well. That is our goal - playoff. We showed in the past 10 games last season that we have to win when the time games. We had seven-eight consecutive wins last season, but we didn't have luck. However, we should believe in the group. We can do great things - Jokic said.
- That is not just an individual thing, we can help each other. We have players meetings and we can help each other to become a better team. As far as I am concerned, that is more psychological, to stop talking to the referees, to be better in defense, to do everyday stuff that should be done in order to be better - the Denver basketball player said.
In the end, Jokic sent a clear message in Serbian:
- Big hello for all the people in Serbia. Thank you all for your support, I hope that you will continue supporting me - the Serbian center said.
VIDEO: Listen what Nuggets coach said about Jokic in Serbian!