Oko rezultata (0.20 sekunde(i))
za date parametre ne postoji rezultat
On a website through which tourists can get to know the natural beauties and wonders of Serbia there was recently a new, hilariously funny text about 6 mistakes you should not make if you decide to visit these parts.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK - Telegraf English, or write to us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You intend to visit this country. Good for you! Even better for your stomach.This is what you can expect - it says in the introduction, with the saying that a foreigner will probably end up at a feast made by a grandmother of your Serbian friends. This means hedonism in unique courses: stuffed cabbage, meat-pie, and kebabs which will make you drool.
Still one should bear in mind a couple of things.
These are infamous drought, destiny reading from the coffee cup, and tavern fun!
Here you can read a part of the guide which secures you from making these mistakes:
1. Underestimate the power of DROUGHT
- This is the biggest problem of every mother in Serbia. Almost every grown-up person in Serbia believes you will catch a cold if you stand on a drought. Do not try to talk them out of it, this belief has a deep root. It is believed that drought kills people on the Balkans since 1912.
2. Negative comment about Novak Đoković
Warning: this is a huge mistake.
3. Grandmother's rules:
They are clear as a day and there are 3 of them:
- Leave your shoes in front of the door - in houses in Serbia people take off their shoes before entering. By doing this, you will become a part of the house.
- Take the slippers - you should expect this. And you better take it, because they will offer them to you every 3 minutes!
- Eat what is on the table - the fact is that the grandmother from Serbia will offer you some food. Every time! You can often hear this sentence: "I do not have much, just 4 courses." Take what is there, grandmothers do not understand the words "I am not hungry".
4. Drinking the last sip of the coffee
- Do you like the taste of dirt? No? We did not think you would. If you want to evade this last sip of coffee, you can save it for another purpose. Namely, in rural parts of Serbia it is a custom of reading one's destiny from the coffee cup. Another fun fact is that Serbian people usually drink their coffee without anything, without sugar, milk, or other things!
5. Too much home-made brandy
- When you toast in Serbia, the most common words are "Cheers!" and "To your health!" This is a national drink and the first choice in taverns. This is a sort of fruit brandy, with many variations. You can choose your poison: plum, apricot, quince, or honey brandy. But, be aware. If you drink more than three shots, you may easily jump on the table and start singing or dancing to Serbian folk-music.
Positive side: You may leave the tavern with three people who would become your best men at your wedding.
6. Not eating his Majesty, meat-pie "burek"
- This pie is one of the best-known courses for breakfast in Serbia. It comprises of several layers of dough stuffed with cheese, meat, or vegetables (spinach, potatoes). It can be also empty but it is really tasty.
A couple of pieces of advice:
- Take yogurt alongside, the combination is a killer!
- Eat while it is still hot, it will warm your soul.
- The greasier, the better!
You are welcome! That is all for now. We hope to see you in Serbia soon!
(Telegraf.co.uk / Source: serbia.com/ Maša Maksimović)