Aleksandar Doknic (42) from Bajmok, started a business with rabbits, fairly new and uncertain job. In the meantime, this family firm became one of the most famous and the largest kennel, which supplies other farms in the country and abroad with this sort.
- For me, it all started as a hobby. At first I was a judge at shows for rabbits, and later I worked for the Veterinary Institute from Zemun which produced serum for a vaccine against swine fever.
- We supplied the whole of Europe and the region with it, but due to root out of the disease and the need for Cepillo, and therefore rabbits disappeared - explains the host, whose kennel also produces and sells breeding material for those interested in developing their own business.
According to him, four years ago he became aware that the business will start to develop in the direction of selling rabbit meat, which is one of the healthiest that can be found in the market.
Family farm has around 1.200 and 1.500 rabbits.
- Xycol race has the best meat for human consumption, which, inter alia, is recommended for children and pregnant women. We have the 160 parent rabbits (they breed up to 14, 15 times during lifetime), and whose service life is two years, and 30 stem males who are reproductively capable to their third year - says Doknic and adds that the number of rabbits depend on born species, and they had on the farm Hicom, Viennese blue, white Pannonian, New Zealand red...
It is, he says, young cattle industry in our country in which different problems are noticeable: get the subsidy, loan, finding a butchery willing to acquire the appropriate licenses and authorizations for these animals, and many others.
- Also to be successful in this business, you have to like rabbits. To talk to them, to feed them, to treat them with antibiotics and chemicals, and make sure they don't not get sick, because it is an animal, as well as goats, they can not be treated. Adequate facilities are necessary for work, air conditioning, vehicle ventilation, cages and, of course, rabbits - explains the biggest breeder in Serbia and stresses that you can make decent money.
Doknic sends around 1.000 to slaughter, and they can be found among greater trade chains among the country.
- It is a job with great potential. Around 4.500 to 5.000 euros should be invested in work, and for two or three hours of effective work every day, you can make 300 to 400 euros per month - he concluded.
(Telegraf.co.uk / S.I. email@example.com)