VUCIC ANSWERED TO GRABAR-KITAROVIC'S INVITATION: I am coming on February 12 (PHOTO)
According to the announcements, the focus of the talks is the process of Serbia's Eurointegration and the reforms that Serbia is pursuing with that purpose
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic accepted the invitation of Croatian President Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic to visit Croatia and announced that the visit will take place on February 12 and 13. Vucic said that after meeting with President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani in a building at Andricev Venac.
THE MEETING OF VUCIC, ERDOGAN, AND IZETBEGOVIC: The relationship of Serbia and Bosniaks in focus (PHOTO)
He emphasized that he does not expect light and pleasant conversations, that there are many open issues, but that he is going to Croatia with the desire to do something good for our children and for the future.
- What kind of result will that be... I hope that we will move some things forward, but I think that the things can't be worse from now, and we shouldn't be afraid - Vucic said.
- I think that it is important for our country that we received the invitation of Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic. I will talk to the Croatian officials and I will talk to the representatives of Serbian people. I will try to visit ordinary people, Serbs who live in Croatia - Vucic said to the reporters after the meeting with the President of the EP Antonio Tajani.
It is important, he noted, to talk and to solve issues between two states, and we can't do that regarding the past and different versions of that past, but to talk what we can do about it.
- I think that we can have many joint projects in the future and that we can help Serbs in Croatia, and I am sure that Croatian minority in Serbia will agree with that. We are not ashamed, but we are proud of what we did for the members of Croatian minorities - the president of Serbia said.
Vucic said that he will ask for help from Croatian authorities for the revival of the Serbian villages in that country, to enable elementary conditions in some parts where Serbs live, where they can live and survive, and the solving of the problems of the missing, of the property...
- There are many other questions, to talk openly. Those talks won't be easy, nor pleasant, but I am sure that they will be very useful for Serbia and Croatia - Vucic said.
As he said, he will visit Croatia with the desire to do something "good for our children and our future".
THE EU EXPECTED A LEGAL COMMITTING DOCUMENT WITH PRISTINA
Serbian President said that EU expects from Serbia to have legal committing document with Pristina, after which we could become the member of the EU.
Vucic said that the President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani said that as well, and he added that they talked about many questions, among others the question on regional stability, the rule of law...
Tajani confirmed that at the joint press conference and he specified that the agreement should be signed before the formal joining of Serbia into EU.
IF THERE WAS MORE TAJANI, WHERE WOULD WE BE NOW
Vucic thanked Tajani for respecting Serbia and Serbian people and for getting to know well both Serbia and West Balkan.
- If EU had more people like that, who respect the Serbian people in that way, I am convinced that we would be much more hardworking and we would ha better results - Vucic said at the press conference after meeting with Tajani.
As he said, he was personally honored for Tajani visit, "the man who shows remarkable knowledge about Serbia, West Balkan, and Balkan in general".
Thanks for the support to Serbia on its road to EU, Vucic said.
- We highly appreciate the fact that the EP, as a directly elected legislature, which represents 400 million people, recognizes the importance of EU enlargement to the Western Balkans - Vucic said.
OLIVER IVANOVIC MURDER INVESTIGATION SHOULD BE STRONGER
The Serbian president said that the murder investigation of the leader of Civic Initiative SDP Oliver Ivanovic should be stronger and the murderers should be brought to justice.
- We demand and ask for the investigation to be stronger and for the murderers and those who ordered the murder to be brought to justice - Vucic said in Belgrade at the joint conference for the press with the president of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani.
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.