Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic addressed the nation on the situation in Kosovo and Metohija (KiM) and daily pressures on Serbs, but also about the investigation into the murder of Oliver Ivanovic.
The president began the speech with the report about the conversation with Eliot Engel. He stressed that Engel is one of the greatest lobbyists of independent Kosovo, but, the conversation went calmly, although Serbia isn't calm. The case of brothers Bitici was in the focus of the meeting.
- He is one of the most prominent advocates of Kosovo's independence and the protagonists of Kosovo's independence. We talked about how important it is to continue talks and dialogue and that this is important for good Serbian-Albanian relations and stability throughout the region. I hope that his messages in Pristina will contribute to accelerated conditions for the continuation of the dialogue - said Vucic.
He said that Belgrade and Pristina will continue with the dialogue as soon as possible.
- As soon as we continue with the dialogue, the sooner we will contribute to the reduction of tensions in the entire KiM, and that is significant for us and to keep the tensions dramatically lower than they are now - said Vucic.
- It is important to keep contact with Engel personally, who said that the fact that he is a great friend of Albanians doesn't have to mean that he won't be a friend of Serbs - said Vucic.
SITUATION ON KIM
- The situation is increasingly harder and complex. The difficulties to bring supplies started when the taxes were introduced - said Vucic.
- Serbia has found ways to supply people in the North, but in that period, Albanians confiscated 16 trucks with the goods and all of the drivers were arrested and harassed. More than half of the vehicles were taken away, because they do that in the green belt, along the administrative line. In Zubin Potok, four trucks were confiscated, eight in Leposavic, two in Socanica, two in Kosovska Mitrovica. There were shots on the van in Leposavic on July 11th, and the questions emerge, why is Pristina doing that, what is the final goal of Pristina and those from the west who support it and what can we do - he asked.
- Pristina wants to show that Serbs should forget about Serbia and that they will provide all of the necessary things, but not from Serbia. They tried that yesterday, by bringing a truck, without any rules, to sell the goods to Serbs. And I must say, I am proud of Serbian people which showed Unity because all of the stores were closed - said Vucic.
LOBBYING AND PAYING OF POLITICIANS
Vucic said there were increased lobbying and paying of politicians on the international political scene, which should confirm that Serbs are not threatened, but that Albanians are victims because they give them bread which they will not eat.
All this, as he repeated, is aimed at capturing the north and expelling Serbian people from the entire KIM.
He pointed out that Pristina undertook a series of actions and measures with the key goal of taking the north and expelling the Serbian people from all over Kosovo and Metohija.
Vucic said that they first resorted to banning supplies, trade, that is, an absolute ban on the supply of Serbian goods.
As he explained, it has an aim to make people forget about the connection to the Serbian state, Serbian language, to come with terms that they live in another state.
Also, he said, there is a brutal ban on freedom of speech and verbal delict is criminalized in the law of the most brutal manner by Pristina institutions.
ABOUT IVAN TODOSOJEVIC INDICTMENT
The indictment was filed because he presented his political position and judgment, so will you arrest all who think so? Because we all think so, I think so, everybody here thinks so, so will you file indictments against all of us?
They chose people who are ready to defend the freedom of Serbian people and they need to be arrested and expelled from the territory of KiM.
They do all of this because they hope and believe the Albanians will solve their problems with Serbs because they were the ones who cooked all of this and they don't know how to get out of the mess.
ABOUT OLIVER IVANOVIC MURDER INVESTIGATION
The president presented several points and disagreements in the form of questions for the Pristina authorities when it comes to the investigation of the murder of Oliver Ivanovic.
He reminded that the Pristina authorities did not allow the inclusion of our prosecution in the investigation of the murder of Oliver Ivanovic.
- What happens to the video surveillance camera that was not received because it allegedly did not work at the time of the crime, and it worked a few minutes later, why no expert reports were published, why were the fake bullet shells delivered, why wasn't the silhouette of the murderer published which they claimed they have - asked Vucic.
- Why can't we get the data about what happened on the airport "Marinas", about the movement of Fjorim and Jupij, one of them planted the bomb under the bus of Nis Expres - said Vucic.
- We think that we have the name of the murderer, and Albanians have no ideas because their only wish is to charge Serbs. Milan Radojicic didn't participate in the murder of Oliver Ivanovic and that was confirmed through different interrogation methods - he said.
ABOUT CANCELING OF THE MEETING WITH VON DER LEYEN
President of Serbia said that he was supposed to mee the German minister of Defense Ursula von der Leyen, but he believes that this meeting won't happen because she was suggested for the president of the European Commission.
Vucic said that he spoke with her many times about the informal meetings in Davos and that they were supposed to meet on July 23rd or 24th.
ABOUT NEW OFFICIALS OF EU INSTITUTIONS
- Putting the Spaniard as the EU High Representative for Foreign Policy and Security is good news for us. But we had great friends in Jean-Claude Juncker and Donald Tusk, and it would be difficult for us to repeat such a situation, he said.
According to him, the current high representative Federica Mogherini was not against us, nor for us.
- The situation remains tough. It's not solved by having two or three people on their side, but only by the agreement of the Serbs and Albanians. If we do not solve it, the situation can go in the other direction - he warned.
ON RAMUSH HARADINAJ LETTER
Why does Ramush Haradinaj care about me, not even the greats like Trump, Merkel or Macron can't touch him, wondered the president ironically on Haradinaj's remarks that Vucic is trying to get Pristina to abolish taxes, and not even the world leaders managed to do that.
- What is some small Vucic compared to Merkel and Macron? He (Haradinaj) is one of the great of world politics, and I am not. He is like - Trump, Merkel, Macron, and Haradinaj. I am a class under them, he doesn't need to worry about me - said Vucic to the question of journalists to comment on the statements from Haradinaj's letter that the Serbian president is trying to make Pristina abolish Taxes, and not even Trump, Merkel, and Macron succeeded in doing that.
ON FIAT AND NIS
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic says that Serbia respects the contract signed by the previous government with Fiat, to pay its obligations and they can't publish that document.
He thus answered the question of whether it was true that the state gave subsidies to Fiat last year.
- I didn't sign the contract, some other signed it in secrecy and they didn't give them to the public. It is up to me to respect the contract and not to publish it, because the punishments would be great. We stick to the contract and we pay what are our obligations - said Vucic to the reporters.
Critics of the government, he says, cannot reconcile with Serbia's excellent economic performance and point out that industrial production dropped by 1.3 percent in the first five months.
The president says that this is because of Fiat and NIS, that production in Fiat fell by 40 percent. He pointed out that Serbia is the fastest to be industrialized and that it has eased the decline.
ON GORAN IVANISEVIC
- My responsibility as president must and should be good about the relations between the Serbs and Croats. Novak Djokovic has good relations with Goran Ivanisevic and it is good to overcome conflicts, no matter what happened to us in the past. Novak builds bridges instead of destroying them. I think that it is art to made friends from former enemies, and even better if somebody does it in a plan that is not politics - Vucic said answering the question of journalists about commenting on earlier negative statements about Serbs of Goran Ivanisevic.
Asked to comment on how Serbia would transport goods to the north of Kosovo and whether it would announce measures against taxes that have been in force for seven months.
- We will try our best to deliver food to our people, water, and medications, and that is all I can say. We will continue to do the same as we did. Even if I have to become a modern Robin Hood, our people won't be hungry or thirsty - he answered.