Historical recognition of Hashim Thaci: I am ashamed of the events from March 2004
- It is not in the tradition of Albanians to endanger cultural and historical monuments, to threaten the property, to burn the houses, to threaten children, women and elderly - says Thaci
Kosovo President Hashim Thaci claims that he is ashamed because of the events of March 2004, that these events were unnecessary and that they ashamed Kosovo.
GREAT ROBBERY OF SERBIA: This is a list of properties that Albanians want to take away
- Then, in 2004, the scenario that happened on Kosovo was the one that shouldn't have happened. Something happened that ashamed Kosovo. Churches were endangered, few were burned, and few houses were burned. For me, personally, if you ask me, it is a great shame to this day from those actions - said Thaci.
In the conversation with the representatives of Serbian media, on Thursday in Caglavica, he said that March violence was done by individuals and that they will be punished.
- Whoever did it will be punished. It is not in the tradition of Albanians to endanger cultural and historical monuments, to threaten the property, to burn the houses, to threaten children, women and elderly - says Thaci.
He promised that the institutions will work to stop that kind of violence from ever happening again.
Pristina as a hostage to Belgrade
Kosovo President Hashim Thaci claims that Pristina is Belgrade's hostage, which doesn't allow Serbian members in Kosovo parliament to vote for transformation of Kosovo Safety Forces into Kosovo Army.
- It is clear that Serbian list can't vote, because Belgrade doesn't allow it. And that is why we are the hostage of Belgrade - said Thaci on the lecture held to the students of Pristina university.
It is impossible to conduct transformation of Kosovo Security Forces with constitutional amendments, said Thaci answering the questions about the insistence of the international community on the view that it is the only acceptable way.
- After the elections in 2014 a different reality was created. These days it is clearly stated that the Serbian List will never vote for Kosovo army - said Thaci, Pristina media conveyed.
He said that Kosovo Safety Forces were founded in 2009 based on Ahtisaari plan, document that brought the "independence of Kosovo", and that three years ago the process to question sectors of security was started.
Transformation of KSF into Kosovo Army with constitutional changes requires two thirds of the parliament, and currently it is impossible to achieve that, Thaci claims that Belgrade disturbs the process.
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.