Vucic stormed after the release of Haradinaj: This is a shame, we are sending a protest letter to France, Ambassador is returning to Belgrade (VIDEO)
Vucic said that the French Court of Appeal determined that the extradition could have grave consequences for Haradinaj, because he was already declared a criminal in the public
The prime minister presented four points at the conference that led the French court to the decision:
1. The Court notes that in request consideration from 6. 1. 2017. all conditions were met, which means that Serbia has submitted documents required for the case.
2. The submission of 1 March 2017 of the applicant country is dismisses, sought to verify whether Serbia has new facts and testimonies, and not only those that have already been taken into consideration in the decision of the Hague ad hoc tribunal.
3. Ramush Haradinaj does not agree to be extradited.
4. The Court found that the extradition of Ramush Haradinaj to the applicant can have extremely serious consequences for him.
The Prime Minister said that the point 4 is the key one, which is, as stated, shameful, illegal, absolutely unfair and, above all political.
- With the decisive point 4, the French Court finds "that Ramush Haradinaj's extradition can have extremely serious consequences for him. Well we did not call him for chocolates and sweets, but for war crimes. Our legal team has started the analysis, we also have questions for point 2, that we will probably never win - prime minister started the emergency conference with these words.
- We are small in numbers but proud people, and i will not allow anyone, not even France, to humiliate us. The consultation of ambassadors will be summoned, we will send the sharpest protest letter to the republic of France. This is about respecting the sovereignty of the country or not.
- We got in touch with the embassies of several countries, Serbia's ambassador to France will be invited for consultations in Belgrade.
- I invited the Russian Prime Minister, Sergey Lavrov for a talk this afternoon at 16:30. Serbia won't give up on its decisions, and those who thought that they won against Serbia were mistaken - added the Prime Minister.
When asked what will be Serbia's relations in the future with France, the Prime Minister responded:
- We won't stop our diplomatic relations with France. It is important to us to have good relations with them, and they understand that this doesn't affect well on it. I don't want to jeopardize stability of Serbia with some rash decision. This is the highest level or resistance, and we have shown that by canceling the visit of French ambassador in Serbia - said Vucic.
This is a very serious action prepared for several months, he stated.
- Serbian people should be proud of the small country which is prepared to stand against the greatest forces, if they are ready to trample the most important principles of justice and fairness.
- It is good that they showed what they think about our people and it is good that they showed us how the legal state functions. They should be ashamed of their decisions founded on politics, which has nothing to do with law. That gives us the possibility to react in the future with reciprocal measures - concluded the prime minister.
Watch the video:
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.