What is actually behind Liberia's decision to withdraw the recognition on Kosovo Independence?
- The Liberian government is interested in the peace process in which the European community took the initiative - Gbehzohngar Milton Findley said
- Liberia has withdrawn the recognition of Kosovo in order to find a solution in the peace process, through a dialogue supported by the EU - said the Liberian leader of diplomacy Gbehzohngar Milton Findley.
New Victory of Serbia! Another country withdrew recognition of Kosovo
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Liberia Gbehzohngar Milton Findley, while visiting the RTS news, spoke about the reasons for the withdrawal of recognition of Kosovo's independence.
He explained that the Liberian government is interested in the peace process in which the European community took the initiative.
- We believe that the region should address these conflict issues. That is why we want to recognize this process and this process must lead to a solution - and Liberia will follow that solution - said the head of the Liberian diplomacy.
He explained that both Kosovo and Serbia must go through the peace process and that Liberia does not believe in violence.
- We must continue to support peace initiatives, and this initiative can come through a dialogue which, of course, the European Union supports - Gbehzohngar Milton Findley said.
He specified that at this moment Liberia does not recognize an independent Kosovo, but that it will recognize the decision that will arise from the negotiations.
- The Liberian government has taken a stand that they will recognize the decision which will be made. We recognized the independence of Kosovo, at the ambassadorial level, and then we withdrew that and said - Go to the peace process and we will recognize the outcome of it - the chief of diplomacy said.
Liberia was the first African country with which the former Yugoslavia established diplomatic ties.
- Liberia and the former Yugoslavia have had long-standing cooperation since the 1960s and we would like to get those relations back - Gbehzohngar Milton Findley said.
He added that during his visit, six bilateral agreements were signed with Serbia - in the fields of agricultural and diplomatic cooperation, tourism, education.
- We want to establish a relationship with Serbia, for a better future for both countries and both nations - the Liberian Foreign Minister said.
(Telegraf.co.uk / RTS)
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.