The basketball players of Serbia arrived in the afternoon hours from Turkey, the press conference and the famous terrace were full with emotions.
It was hard getting over the defeat from Slovenia when we were so close to gold after half of the team, so it was up to fans to return the smiles on their faces at the welcome, scheduled for 19h in front of the national assembly.
They first had Amadeus Bend and THC for music and then the expert staff came first. First of all Muta Nikolic who showed off his biceps with ovations. Others were welcomed in front of the 20.000 people.
Unfortunately, Stefan Bircevic couldn't come to to the balcony, he stayed in Istanbul with his club where he recently joined.
- Greetings Belgrade and Serbia. Thank you for your support, we had the wind in our back, thank you guys, 12 awesome men were behind me. Those are 12 legends of Serbian and world basketball. Medals speak everything. They deserved them and I thank them. Thank you all, I am the proudest Serb in the world now. These boys make me proud and happy - said Djordjevic from the balcony and that caused a lot of ovations.
- I promise you, we will see each other again in four years after the new Eurobasket, right on this balcony!
Then the time came for the captain Milan Macvan to say something.
- Thank you a lot for the welcome, we felt the energy and thank you all in the name of our players and the staff.
There was a roaring shouting "MVP" when Bogdanovic spoke.
- Good evening people, good evening Belgrade, good evening Serbia. Thank you, I don't know what to say but to thank you all in the name of all players. I don't know what to say, I love you all, you are amazing and because of you, we are ready to spend the last piece of strength - said Bogdan and invited Stimac to say something.
- Thank you for being with us, no matter how hard it is, I would like to thank you for staying with us, it wasn't easy. I am sure that Bogdan will bring you gold with these guys, and with Sale.