Since the moment of the announcement of the continuation of Brussels dialogue at the highest level, a burst fire of provocations started from Pristina. The representatives of Kosovo institutions are giving demands each hour prior to the talk of the president Aleksandar Vucic and Hashim Tachi. It all started with appropriating of Sandzak, over the chair in the UN, and to the question of "border".
First, deputy chairman of the ruling Democratic Party of Kosovo, Redzep Hoti, said that the division of Kosovo was not on the agenda, but also if it were, Kosovo would take Sandzak and part of the south of Serbia.
- Kosovo and Albanians have a good geostrategic position. They have the US and NATO, they have the support of northern Macedonia and official recognition from all neighboring countries, except Serbia - Hoti said in an interview with the Pristina-based portal Ljajmi.
Then another deputy answered. This time, deputy of Ramush Haradinaj. Deputy Prime Minister of Kosovo Enver Hoxhaj stressed that the establishment of the Community of Serb Municipalities and the "acquisition of seats in the UN" should take place in parallel.
- At today's meeting between political parties, one of the topics discussed was dialogue with Serbia - he said, Zeri repored, adding that Hoxhaj said that Thaci "received a letter from Mogherini which stated that this was the final phase of the dialogue".
As the culmination of the aforementioned burst fire of provocations, Thaci's statement followed.
At a press conference ahead of the continuation of the dialogue in Brussels, Thaci said that it will be difficult "to reach an agreement on the border with Serbia", and thus Pristina will seek the help of experts, including NATO.
- Kosovo didn't have a border with Serbia in the past. The border line is 400 km long. It will be hard to reach an agreement with Serbia around the border. Experts help will be required for this issue, including NATO. We won't allow a single millimeter of the Kosovo territory to be threatened - Thaci said to the reporters in Pristina.
Representatives of Belgrade weren't immune to their provocations. The chief of Serbian diplomacy, Ivica Dacic, reacted, as well as the head of the Government Office for Kosovo and Metohija Marko Djuric, and Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic in the end, who will lead the Belgrade's delegation in Brussels.
He contacted people in Brussels last night, and as he said, he told them that "if these are attitudes of Albanians we should not waste time, I shouldn't go", and that he was asked to come.
- If you think that there is a whip that will make me listen and serve Haradinaj, Hoti, Hoxhaj statements, don't invite me at all - Vucic said.
He said he was not fascinated by their ingenious ideas, and that he fears no pressure from the west.
- The representatives of Pristina are taking maximalist positions, knowing that we are approaching the end of the process of dialogue on normalization of relations - Dragan Djukanovic, professor of FPN and vice president of the Center for Foreign Policy, told Telegraf.rs.
According to him, their goal is to show that they control the situation, although the final solution should a compromise.
- They are trying to show that they will get everything, and Belgrade will get nothing. That, of course, is not true - Djukanovic told us.
He, on the occasion of the lack of reactions from the European Union to these provocations from Kosovo side, said that Brussels could not influence the statements of the negotiators.
- The EU has done its job scheduling the dialogue for Sunday and, according to everything, for Monday as well - Professor from FPN noted and concluded:
- This is already known scenario. Pristina side speaks about uniting with Albania or some other unrealistic options as soon as the continuation of dialog approaches.
(Telegraf.co.uk / M. Ivas / email@example.com)