Regrouping before the final battle for Kosovo: Vucic in Kremlin, Quint in Washington
It is clear that we entered the final phase of the dialogue, and that both sides strive to clearly establish their positions and gain support for their demands
According to the announcements of Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, the legally binding agreement with Pristina, which is otherwise a condition for progress in the European integration, could be signed in the next six months to a year. It is clear that we entered the final phase of the dialogue, and that both sides are trying to clearly establish their positions and gain support for their demands. This meeting is also supported by this week's encounters. President Vucic stayed in Moscow, where he had important meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin, while representatives of the Quint countries gathered in Washington.
- We always speak with Russian President Vladimir Putin honestly, openly and on all topics and, whenever necessary, he is there for Serbia - Vucic summed up, summarizing a two-day visit to Russia. He noted that he spent "a lot of time" talking about Kosovo and Metohija with Putin.
- Every time we had a problem in Kosovo, with the savage outburst of Albanians in the north and with the beating of Marko Djuric, Putin called within 24 hours even though he had a terrible situation - the elections were just over, there was a fire in a shopping mall where children died - but we could talk about anything. We can always go to Putin at any moment - Vucic said and added that there is a continuous dialogue on the top of these two states.
- We have analyzed all the existing documents of the United Nations, we analyzed the behavior of all actors on the world political scene, primarily regarding this issue - emphasized the President of Serbia.
And while Vucic and Putin in the Kremlin analyzed the behavior of these actors, they gathered at the other end of the planet. Representatives of the Quint, USA, Great Britain, France, Italy, and Germany gathered in Washington.
Namely, the political directors for the Western Balkans of these countries met for consultations on the final phase of the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina, which should be held in the coming months, crowning it with the final agreement between the parties, which is expected to result in normalization of relations.
It was thought so far that this normalization does not include recognition of Kosovo by Serbia, but only the recognition of reality, allowing Kosovo to join UN, which would enable Serbia to join EU. According to the sources of "Express", there is already compliance among the western diplomats which can be considered the leading principles.
One of these principles is that "it is better that there is no agreement than a bad agreement" between the parties.
A bad agreement would be a division of Kosovo and something like the Republika Srpska in Kosovo, stated the unnamed source to the papers.
- Everyone is doing their part of the job, they are, so called, political and security consultations - Dusan Janjic, a political analyst, told Telegraf.rs.
Janjic, who knows the situation on Kosovo and Metohija very well, said that we are speaking about relations between Belgrade and Pristina, the countries of Quint have a wider agenda.
- It is about the entire Balkans. One of the subjects is relations of Belgrade and Pristina, but also relations on Kosovo itself, which are more and more in the area of safety, and less in the area of politics - Janjic mentioned.
He stresses that the meeting in Moscow and meeting in Washington are very important.
- The meeting of Quint is important for measures, and they will have to agree on them, and then we will get a unique attitude of Brussels and Washington, which will speed up the solving of problems. On the other hand, the meeting at Putin was significant, because there were talks about acquiring the weaponry - Janjic.
VIDEO: Russian guard in front of the presidents Vucic and Putin:
(Telegraf.co.uk / M.Ivas / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telegraf.rs zadržava sva prava nad sadržajem. Za preuzimanje sadržaja pogledajte uputstva na stranici Uslovi korišćenja.